Today I want to put the spotlight on Kate Craft of Kate Craft Photography. Kate is located in Northern Wisconsin and you can follow her recent work on her blog or Facebook . Kate’s style is fresh and playful. She is able to connect with her clients in such a way that she brings out genuine smiles and laughter.
Kate has sent two feature images for today’s post:
About the images…
1) Why do you love this image? The first one is just so fun to me I really enjoy capturing kids as they are. The second one was from my favorite session of 2010. I had envisioned this shot for awhile and it all came together perfectly, the light, the subject, the surroundings my vision came to be and I love those moments too.
2) What were your settings with this image? 1/500, 1.8 , ISO 400 and 1/750, 2.8, ISO 800. Both were shot with my 50mm lens.
3) What do you love about Photography?A lot! I love being able to capture a special moment in time… I love the challenge of catching that image that is “just you”, that sweet smile, belly laugh, or mischievous smirk. I love that I get to meet new people and connect with old friends too. I love knowing that I am producing something that a family will cherish.
4) What type of Photography do you specialize in and why? I do mostly children and family at this point. I think because I have young children and understand how fast they are growing and changing everyday. These moments are priceless. I am making the move into seniors market this spring. I have a few senior sessions under my belt and they have been so fun I love the clothes, the personalities, and mostly getting to be a small part of such a big accomplishment in their lives.
About your life…
5) What is the best purchase that you have made this year?My mac! before that I was doing all my work on a computer that just was not designed to handle the work load I have. Me and evil Betty (that’s what I called my old computer) made it through but just barley.
6) Who or what inspires you? Who or what doesn’t would be an easier question for me. I find true inspiration in passion, people who are passionate about what they do light a fire in me.
7) Who are some of your favorite singers/bands?Dave Matthews band, kings of Leon, Weezer, Willie Nelson,Sublime, U2, Paolo Nutini, Pink, Matt Costa, Mason Jennings, Kate Nash, Johnny Lang, Jack Johnson, Hole …this list may go on forever so I will stop LOL 8) What is your favorite movie of all time? that is a tough one I would say either True Romance or the Crow
9) What would your ideal day be like? I would get to sleep in wake up to an ice cold Mt dew with out that feeling of this is a BADDDDDDD breakfast. Then have a fun shoot where all the planning comes together perfectly.Perfect weather, perfect clothing choice, feeling inspired while shooting….. Then a great lunch at a delicious restaurant where my children are well behaved and I actually get to eat said meal LOL. Either a beach or movie kinda of afternoon with the family. And an easy bedtime with the kids. Fallow that up with a bubble bath and a back massage and you have a perfect day:)
10) Who’s blog do you follow and why? I fallow a lot of blogs but I really love reading Jasmin Star’s blog…she is so open about everything.
I told you…isn’t she great! Now go and check out Kate’s blog and leave a comment or two!
BUT make sure you check back next week when I feature the fabulous Jen Snyder of Jen Snyder Photography.