Today’s featured photographer is Jen of Jen Snyder Photography. Jen is located in beautiful Harford County, Maryland. She is super stylish and loves to spoil her clients. I must admit…I’m a bit jealous of her session locations. She always finds the perfect spot to showcase her clients. Make sure you check out her recent work on her BLOG or on Facebook.
May I present the beautiful Jen Snyder.
Today Jen has shared this image as her feature image.
About the image…
1) Why do you love this image? There are so many things I love about this image. I love the location– it was a walking path that had these super tall ornamental grasses and the couple had no problems climbing into them to get the shot. I love it when a family trusts me to do my job. I love the gorgeous backlight here, too. My favorite thing of all is the connection. They are staring at each other with such love and anticipation– look at dad’s face, he is just so excited to meet that little baby baking in there.
2) What were your settings with this image? I used my 24-70 on my D700, ISO 250, 1/1000, f2.8
3) What do you love about Photography? I love freezing time. I have such a terrible memory, if I didn’t have a photograph to look at, I might loose the details as time passes. I routinely look back at photographs of my children when they were younger, to remind myself how they’ve grown and changed, how they used to look, what they used to do. Funny expressions, situations they’ve gotten into (when my daughter got into my makeup, when my son emptied out the tupperware drawer so he could climb in, etc)… I want to remember it all.
4) What type of Photography do you specialize in and why? I specialize in growing families. I love preserving memories for others, telling their stories so they can remember in the years to come. Whether it’s the tiny fingers of their newborn, the mischevious glint in their toddler’s eyes, or the way their preschooler lights up when dad tosses him in the air…. I want to catch those moments and document them for the future.
About her life…
5) What are your favorite hobbies and pastimes? I am about the biggest sci fi nerd I have ever met. I love all things Doctor Who, Star Trek, Stargate, and Firefly. (among many, many others). I’m into cloth diapering. I’m a huge doodler– no scraps of paper are safe. I love to read, though I haven’t had much of an opportunity lately. I’m also hopelessly addicted to the internet. And snacking.
6) Who or what inspires you? Inspiration comes in all forms. Lyrics in a song (“Float On” by Modest Mouse is my own personal theme song right now and it never ceases to inspire me), lines in a book (I’m always reading and re-reading Edgar Allan Poe). The way the afternoon sun beams through the window on my door and lights up the dust motes. Earl Grey Tea. I’m loving the vintage craze right now. Old things have such character.
7) Who are some of your favorite singers/bands? My favorite band is A Perfect Circle. I also love Modest Mouse, Tool, and Korn. I’m having a new love affair with Derby right now.
8) What is your favorite movie of all time? Hmm. That’s a toss up between The Princess Bride and Star Wars (A New Hope).
9) What would your ideal day be like? I’d sleep until the ungodly hour of 9:30am. Lazy homecooked breakfast (cooked by someone else!) and a morning out with the family to somewhere fun. Maybe an amusement park? Feed the ducks? Picnic on a hill? Anything where we can all laugh and play. Come home, take a quiet nap, or curl up with a book. Or both! (because this is an ideal day, the fact that there aren’t enough hours in the day to do this all doesn’t matter) Go out to dinner to Famous Dave’s. Tuck my sweet children into bed and lounge on the couch with my husband (possibly playing silly board games).
10) If you weren’t a photographer, what other profession would you like to pursue? Stay at Home Mom, I think. Before delving into portrait photography, I had a pretty great job as a high speed ballistics photographer. If I ever stopped wanting to work in portraits, I’d likely go back to that. But if photography doesn’t count, I would probably just stay home and be the most awesome classroom mom ever.
Thank you Jen so much for taking the time to answer a few questions and letting us get to know you better. Make sure you go and check out her work and leave a comment or two!
Next week we will be featuring the fun loving Laura Morita of Laura Morita Photography. You won’t want to miss this interview!